Sunday 23 January 2011

Interesting day...

Well, yesterday was extremely interesting, one of the best sessions of D&D I've played for a couple of months. The campaign really seems to be shaping out nicely; the DM, Mark, opted to throw the party back five hundred years from what effectively was 'Armageddon' to give us time to gain in power and abilities to prevent it from happening. Of course, I died again, but I'm already getting rather attached to the new character, so that's not a problem. To anyone who says games like Swords & Wizardry are lethal, I am forced today to scoff. 3.5 is just as lethal!

Looks like I'm going to be starting my new campaign online, and in the not-to-distant future, maybe as little as a couple of weeks! More details to follow on that one within a couple of days, but I definitely will be posting for players all over the shop. It'll be interesting to see what sort of response I get! First choice would probably be a face-to-face game in all honesty, but the logistics of setting that up would be extremely difficult as things stand. IRC has worked well for me before, it will again, I feel.

Star Trek today, and what promises to be an excellent session. I should probably share the link to the wiki with you here: http://stdestiny.wikidot.com/. Running a campaign wiki has so far proven to be an excellent experience, I'm not sure whether I'll do anything like as extensive for the online campaign, but certainly keeping the character sheets on a wiki for easy access is probably a good idea! (Not to mention useful as a memorial to the many dead...)

No comments:

Post a Comment